Dwaejigogi kimchi jjigae
(Pork kimchi jjigae)
1 cup (130g) pork (shoulder)
3 cups (390g) sour kimchi
3 cups (540ml) water
2 (20g) Cheongyang peppers
2/3 stalks (70g) green onion
1 tbsp (20g) minced garlic
1 tbsp (8g) coarse red pepper powder
½ tbsp (3g) fine red pepper powder
1 tbsp (10g) soup soy sauce
1 tbsp (20g) salted shrimp
1. Cut the pork into 1.5 cm chunks.
2. Put the pork, water, and salted shrimp in a pot and bring to boil.
3. When the stew boils, reduce to medium-to-low heat, and continue cooking for at least 10 minutes until the meat has softened.
4. Chop the green onion 0.5 cm thick.
5. Cut the Cheongyang peppers diagonally 0.5 cm thick.
6. When the water boils down after 10 minutes, add the same amount of water that has boiled down back into the pot then add sour kimchi, soup soy sauce, coarse red pepper powder, fine red pepper powder, and minced garlic.
7. When the stew boils, add the green onion and Cheongyang peppers.
8. Sprinkle some red pepper powder to finish.